Top 10 New Kitchen Trends in 2010
More and more homeowners are remodeling and making the most of their space with these top 10 hot trends in the kitchen.
1. Kitchens are now featuring a “family room” feel with more seating and dining areas.
2. The most popular color choice for cabinets was white. It works well with almost any architectural style – traditional to contemporary.
3. Stainless steel appliances are still a big hit, especially the fingerprint-resistant steel finish.
4. More and more kitchens are featuring custom additions such as pizza-making stations, coffee bars and wine-tasting nooks.
5. Walk-in pantries are popular for families and allow for ample storage of surplus items and bulk purchase like paper towels and canned goods.
6. Tech-savvy kitchens are featuring more electronics, like wall-mounted televisions and built-in sound systems.
7. Eco-friendly kitchens boost water-conserving faucets, energy start appliances and eco-friend cabinetry.
8. Built-in appliances that look more like cabinets are popping up across the country.
9. Lighting can convert from well-lit workspace to dimly lit formal dinner with the flip of a switch. Recessed lighting combined with chandeliers will do the trick.
10. A save-and-splurge mentality helps keep remodelers on budget. Choose to splurge on appliances instead of countertops or a built-in wine rack instead of a porcelain sink.
American Home Shield is providing the information for general guidance only. Due to the general nature of the property maintenance and improvement advice in this material, neither American Home Shield Corporation, nor its licensed subsidiaries assumes any responsibility for any loss or damage which may be suffered by the use of this information.